As AI (Artificial Intelligence) becomes more commonplace in our modern world, it’s beginning to affect every aspect of software development. From desktop applications and websites to servers, mobile apps and more, AI is affecting every part of our world.
But what impact is AI having on mobile app development – and what does this mean for the future? In this article, we’ll explore just a few of the key areas in which AI is impacting mobile app development. Let’s get started.
Understanding The Basics Of Artificial Intelligence
So, what is Artificial Intelligence (AI)? Essentially, it’s the field of computer science that involves creating algorithms that can function similarly to humans.
By utilizing algorithms and machine learning, it’s possible to create intelligent machines and applications that function and work just like a human – and can perform human-like tasks, learn from past mistakes and experiences, and continue to become more “intelligent.”
The Impact Of AI On Mobile App Development – 5 Key Areas
So, what impact is AI having on mobile app development today? Here are 5 key areas where AI is already affecting mobile app development.
- Big data – Along with cloud-based technology, AI is making it easier to access big data on mobile devices. By processing structured and unstructured data and serving it up in a mobile environment, AI can help provide business insights, identify trends and more – even on mobile devices.
- Machine learning – With machine learning, mobile applications can learn more about the habits of users, and adjust accordingly. For example, if you download a news application that includes AI, it can note your preferred stories and begin serving you different content based on your past preferences.
- Reasoning – Reasoning involves AI programs making decisions and adjustments based on the information that they have learned in the past. Take an application like iPhone’s Siri, for example. If Siri learns that a particular user often takes the same way to work, it can automatically serve them a map of traffic and help them choose the best route to minimize the time they spend in traffic.
- Problem solving – Problem solving combines both machine learning and reasoning, allowing a program to actually determine a solution to a particular problem.
- Natural language processing – Natural language processing (NLP) uses AI to understand both written and spoken human language. The proliferation of chatbots in mobile applications is mostly because of the readily-available AI NLP frameworks that have become available from companies like Facebook and Google. These NLP frameworks are designed to help users get answers to questions, and interact with an automated program similarly to the way that they would interact with a real person.
Even though AI use is already widespread on mobile devices, it’s sure to become an even more important part of mobile application development in the future as these key areas of AI are improved upon by computer scientists.
Know What To Expect From The Future Of AI And Mobile Development
We hope this article has helped you learn more about AI, how it’s being used today, and how it may become more important in the future – particularly in mobile development. Like it or not, AI is here to stay. And as time goes on, it’s only going to be more important in our modern, technology-focused society.