As serverless development grows in popularity, it becomes critical to have a more targeted platform and API pricing structure that understands the strengths and challenges of the technology.
Azure API Management is a fully managed service that enables customers to publish, secure, transform, maintain, and monitor APIs. With a few clicks in the Azure portal, you can create an API façade that acts as a “front door” through which external and internal applications can access data or business logic implemented by your custom-built backend services, running on Azure, for example on App Service or Azure Kubernetes Service, or hosted outside of Azure, in a private datacenter or on-premises. API Management handles all the tasks involved in mediating API calls, including request authentication and authorization, rate limit and quota enforcement, request and response transformation, logging and tracing, and API version management.
- Building serverless APIs with Azure Functions & API Management Consumption tier
- Azure API Management developer portal (azure/api-management-developer-portal)
- Azure API Management overview
- Azure API Management docs
- Azure API Management resources
- Create a free account (Azure)